Mistletoe Therapy (Helixor, Iscador) European Mistletoe (Viscum album) is an alternative cancer treatment for patients with all types of cancer or precancerous conditions. It’s use began in the 1920’s with Rudolf Steiner, PhD, founder of the Society for Cancer Research in Arlesheim, Switzerland. Mistletoe is given as subcutaneous injections. It has been approved for use in West Germany, Switzerland and Austria and is also used in France, Britain, Holland and Scandinavia. Naturopathic Physicians feel that it is the combined effect of all components of this plant that make it a potent anti-cancer medicine and that isolation of components can only begin to explain the entire beneficial effect of a plant medicine.
Studies have shown that Mistletoe injections have the following effects:
- Inhibition of metastasis, tumor size reduction and necrosis of induced tumors in rodents.
- Improved survival with patients suffering from breast and colorectal cancer.
- Improved quality of life in patients with cancer tumors including improved mood, endurance, appetite, tolerance of chemotherapy, sleep and decreased fatigue and pain.
- Mistletoe lectins have been shown to induce apoptosis (cancer cell death). Studies indicate that mistletoe lectins may specifically target some forms of cancer and leave “normal” cells alone. This may be an advantage over chemotherapy which targets any cell, healthy or cancerous, which turns over rapidly.
- Enhancement of immune system including activation of T-helper cells, natural killer cells and other components of the immune system which may target and destroy cancerous cells.
- Stabilizing effect on DNA, preventing further mutation into cancer cells.
- Alleviation of some side-effects of chemotherapy and radiation.
The National Institutes of Health is currently running a research study to find out whether an extract from the European mistletoe plant, along with a chemotherapy drug called gemcitabine, can help treat people with certain cancers.
Are Mistletoe Injections Safe?
Collection and evaluation of spontaneously reported side effects in over 300,000 patients over 28 years have shown the relative frequency of side effects to be 0.004%. In 66% of patients there was a harmless local reaction or fever and all side effects were completely reversible with no death and no damage to organs.
There are three kinds of European Mistletoe that can be used for specific cancer types. There is no need to travel to Mexico, Germany, the UK or US for these cancer treatments, they are available close to home in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The combination of mistletoe with our naturally effective various anti-cancer IV protocols, including IV vitamin C, IV hydrogen peroxide, ozone therapy, IV artemisinin, IV Careseng, IV alpha lipoic acid, nutritional supplementation and dietary therapy, provides the patient with the strongest natural cancer therapies available anywhere.
To learn more about Mistletoe Therapy and how it can help you, please feel free to contact me.