Conditions treated with Myers’ Cocktail Intravenous Push:
- Migraines and cluster headaches
- Fatigue including chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Fibromyalgia (FMS), myofacial pain
- Acute muscle spasm
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Acute asthma attacks
- Chronic sinusitis
- Viral infections, herpes
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Cardiovascular disease, angina
- Paresthesias, numbness, tingling
- Chronic pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Depression, anxiety
- Hives and eczema
- Neuropathic pain in cancer patients
- Narcotic Withdrawal
What is the Myers' Cocktail?
This formula is an intravenous (IV) vitamin and mineral treatment containing magnesium, calcium, selenium, B vitamins, vitamin C and other nutrients that I have found to be effective in so many common conditions. Furthermore it bypasses absorption issues which many patients suffer from. IV nutrients achieve serum concentrations not obtainable with oral or even intramuscular administration. Due to saturation of intestinal absorption and an increase in clearance by the kidneys oral dosing reaches a limit of concentration in the blood. For instance, increasing oral vitamin C by 1200% from 200 mg/day to 2,500 mg/day increases plasma concentration by only 25%. Delivery by IV administers a plasma level of the nutrient almost 10 times that of oral. These doses are often needed to have an effect with an illness such as a viral infection. For instance, the antiviral effect of vitamin C has been demonstrated at a concentration of 10 to 15 mg/dL, a level that can be obtained by IV but not oral dosing.
The Myers' Push takes from 10 to 15 minutes to administer and is quite safe. I have done sometimes 3 to 5 of these treatments each day for almost 10 years and have never had an adverse reaction. Patients may notice a slight flush in the chest and/or face, sometimes patients feel it in the legs as well which indicates an increase in blood flow to the area. Patients may also notice a slight metallic taste as the minerals pass through the circulation of the palate.
Myer's Cocktail ingredients have been shown to have the following effects in the body:
- Vitamin C reduces histamine by 72% at a concentration of 88mg/dL having a beneficial effect with allergies. Vitamin C and vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) are stored in the adrenal glands which are responsible for maintaining energy levels throughout the day. Vitamin C at 10 to 20ccs boosts immunity and is helpful in treating viral and bacterial infections.
- Magnesium relaxes smooth muscle both in the lung and circulation that may have beneficial effects on asthma, hypertension and angina. IV magnesium has been shown in studies to relieve the pain of migraine headaches within 15 minutes and also to completely relieve symptoms of photophobia, nausea and vomiting. Magnesium has also shown to benefit sufferers of CFS in that they notice decreased pain, improved emotional state and reduction or complete elimination of fatigue. Magnesium, along with calcium, vitamin C and B vitamins given IV or IM showed improvement in 74% of sufferers of fibromyalgia and myofacial pain.
- IV calcium has been shown to be beneficial in relieving the symptoms of asthma.
- Selenium aids in detoxification of heavy metals.
- B vitamins in the IV solution may have an effect on energy levels.
FMS: In a study reported in 2007 a modified Myers' push was given once a week for 8 weeks to 7 treatment-resistant fibromyalgia patients. At the end of the study, all reported increased energy levels within 24-48 hours after the infusion. There was a 80% decrease in fatigue, a 60% reduction of pain and increased activities of daily living.
Migraine Headaches: In a 1995 study, pain reduction of 50% or more was observed in 35 of 40 patients receiving IV magnesium. Those with lower serum levels of magnesium experienced pain relief that lasted at least 24 hours.
Additional ingredients may be added to the Myers push. I use 10cc of vitamin C along with hydrochloric acid to stimulate white blood cells which greatly aids the body overcoming colds and flus. I call these “Myers' Immune” or “Myers' Anti-viral” pushes. What I find most useful for my patients is the ability to tailor the nutrients in the Myers to what is happening with their symptoms. If there is some nausea, I'll add vitamin B6 to the mix, or with muscle spasm more magnesium. Difficulties in breathing or wheezing, more calcium. I also use a “Myers' Analgesic” to help to reduce pain and often patients will notice a change in their pain levels as the push is being administered. The Myers can be created to specifically fit you.
"I highly recommend the Myers push for any allergy sufferers who are at their wits end and have tried it all. I noticed an immediate and significant improvement in my symptoms. I no longer take over-the-counter meds to control my allergies and have been able to fully enjoy exercise again."
"Doctor Ceaser was highly recommended from a very good friend of mine. I saw Doctor Ceaser for the first time on October 10 /07. At that time, I had been feeling extremely tired. I needed to take antibiotics regularly for my multiple chest infections. I was quite down physically and emotionally. I was not welcoming the cooler autumn air. I could not see how I was going to have any improvements to my condition.
You have to know that I have been on long term disability since January 2006. I have not been able to work since September 2005. It is a long stretch that seems endless. In the last year, I have seen three different specialists. Antibiotics, symbicort (asthma medication ) prednisone were always prescribed. You also need to know that I have been diagnosed with an immunodeficiency five years ago. I have been getting intravenous immunoglobulin more and more. All these medications are prescribed so I do not get my repeated severe chest infections.
When I had my first Myers’ anti-viral push on October 10 / 07, I was fighting a chest infection and needed prednisone to get me energy to help me get through my days. I am a proud father in a family of four. My wife and my children need me to be able to function even if it is minimal.
Little by little, I was feeling more energetic. I even venture to the gym with my children and had a 10 minutes aerobic workout. That felt good. One month later, I feel better, I have more energy, I am able to do a 30 minutes aerobic workout being too tired at the end. I no longer need the prednisone that I had been taking on a daily basis over a year. Also, I have been able to stay infection free for the last four weeks.
I feel I am heading in the right direction. I no longer see my condition as being hopeless. There are more and more lights in my horizon. I will even be able to start my progressive back to work program in the next days, that is exciting !!!
Now, you can see why I took some time to write this testimony.
Thank you Dr Ceaser !!!"
-- R.V. November 21st, 2007
R.V. in now back to working part-time teaching an active gym class in the Winnipeg school division.